Adult day programs are engineered to meet the health, social, recreational and therapeutic needs of elderly and disabled adults. At Arise Cares adult day program, conveniently located between Sartell, Sauk Rapids and St. Cloud, our goal is to enable adults to maintain their independence in the least restrictive environment possible, while engaging them in purposeful activities.
Let’s look at what an adult day program can do for you and your loved one.
Determining Your Adult Day Program Needs
At Arise, our adult day program benefits seniors who:
- Are alone and isolated during the day
- Meed assistance with their physical and cognitive challenges
- Are coping with the early stages of dementia
- Have family caregivers who need respite and support
Determining the medical and social needs of your loved one can be a difficult and confusing process. The questions below can help guide your decision-making when determining if an adult day program would best serve your loved one.
- Is the person idle? Does she or he sleep a lot throughout the day, perhaps in front of the TV?
- Does the person have a low interest in other family members?
- Does the person seem sad, lonely, or confused? Do you feel that she or he would benefit by more social activity during the day?
- Do you lack time and energy to take care of your own needs? Do you need more time for yourself, or to be with other family members and friends?
- Are you also parenting children?
- Are you also working part-time, or full-time?
- If the person is not living with you, are you often worried about this person?
- Have you thought about a nursing home, but feel guilty when you have these thoughts?
- Are you spending a lot of time providing routine care for the person, such as cooking, dressing and toileting, and find that you have less time for talking or doing activities with the person?
If your response to one or several of these questions is ‘yes’, you may find that both you and the person you are caring for would benefit from our adult day program.
Adult Day Programs From Arise Cares
Rest For Primary Caregivers
It can be difficult to provide care to a family member 24/7, or even just a few hours out of your day. Your loved one wants to enjoy their time with you, so our adult day program gives you the time you need for yourself so you can truly engage with your loved one.
Alternative To Nursing Homes
Our adult day program can be an alternative to nursing homes, allowing clients to stay in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible, at less expense.
It’s important for seniors and others to avoid being isolated by their age or disability. Our adult day program gives clients the opportunity to connect and interact with others and engage in fun and stimulating activities.